Forum Session - Taking on Financial Deserts: Leveraging Public and Private Sector Relationships to Empower the Unbanked and Underbanked
Sponsored by Mastercard, the purpose of this panel is to define financial deserts, discuss challenges facing the unbanked and underbanked and share innovative efforts that these business and community leaders are employing to educate and empower underserved communities. Panelists will also discuss ways in which organizations can leverage public and private sector relationships to achieve real impact in the communities that they serve to make financial empowerment a reality.
Moderator: Jeffrey Johnson, Managing Principal, JIJ Communications
Remarks: Shawn Miles, Executive Vice President of Global Public Policy, Mastercard
- The Honorable Steve Benjamin, Mayor City of Columbia, South Carolina
- Wole Coaxum, Founder & CEO, Mobility Capital Finance, Inc. ("MoCaFi")
- Jorge Garrido
- Nichole Francis Reynolds, Vice President of Public Policy at Mastercard
- Cy Richardson, Senior Vice President, Housing and Community Development, National Urban League
- Angel Rich, CEO of The Wealth Factory Inc.