African Americans and Untapped Careers in Energy & Transportation (Workshop 4)
Many corporations are focused on increasing diversity and inclusion, recognizing that it fuels competitive advantage. Research indicates that organizations with greater diversity, outperform those with less diversity. As corporations continue to respond to changing market demands and demographics, how do you prepare for a position in the C-Suite? What are the incentives for companies to prioritize diversity? How does this challenge to diversify the workforce affect young professionals who dream of C Suite careers? How does a diverse workforce benefit all involved?
- Commissioner Ronald A. Brise, SEARUC President, Florida Public Service Commission (Confirmed)
- Calvin Butler, Chief Executive Officer, Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) (Confirmed)
- Robert R. Wimmer, Director, Energy & Environmental Research, Product Regulatory Affairs, Toyota Motor North America (Confirmed)
- Gilda Cobb Hunter, South Carolina; NBCSL Vice President (Confirmed)
- Laura Hall; NOBEL Women President (Confirmed)
- Lloyd Yates, Executive Vice President; Market Solutions & President, Carolinas Region, Duke Energy (Confirmed)